Wednesday, March 22, 2006

A bit slow on the uptake, maybe...

I know I know, I'm slow. Sorry.
Just in case there is *anyone* out there less slow than me, there's this really cool thing on lulu...
http://www.lulu.com/titlescorer/
... put in your title, select some options and see what the chances are that it's going to be a bestseller. Handy or what? hehe

Also, google has just taken over this really cool thing:
http://www.writely.com/
..as a result, you can't sign up for a new account, but you can put your email address down to be notified when you can. Worth looking at, I think - I particularly liked the backup line...

3 Comments:

Blogger impwork said...

Google’s guerrilla marketing technique of buying something then getting publicity, building awareness and creating demand by stopping people joining is going to start getting old sometime real soon. If you use a trick too often it just makes you look calculating. And I like Google so what their detractors will be saying I don’t want to know.

12:16 am  
Blogger TeeBee said...

Agreed. It also freaks me out that google is *everywhere* but then I hadn't realised that harpercollins was owned by newscorp... casts my bookshelves of HP trashy romances in an entirely different light... arghghgh I'm being controlled I tell you! My mind is not my own! :-)

12:31 am  
Blogger impwork said...

Google seem to be busy spending their money catching up with the survivors of the first great Internet land grab. Fingers crossed they don't forget to do what they are good at along the way.

4:30 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home